Batteries of all the devices start losing strength after sufficient power usage and time. But the matter is that would the batteries be recharged again. Even you need proper guidance about how to charge a generator battery. This article provides you with the essential guide for the same kind of scenario. I mean, it leads you to restore and increase the life of your generator battery.
A helpful recommendation is to use a 230V generator when you are on excursions, and you want to half charge a battery bank. Honda EU series is a good quality model that you can choose from. You get an immaculate output that is appropriate for sensitive electronics. Most of all, Honda generators are pretty peaceful.
Before Charging Tips:
It would help if you considered following safety measures before charging a generator’s battery.
- You should charge the battery in an airy climate, and there should be no open flames and sparks.
- When you disconnect the connector, make sure that you remove the charger first.
- The environment should be windy for the charging purpose, and charging shouldn’t be done anywhere near water because that would be dangerous.
- To charge batteries, you can utilize static chargers. But there is a condition, stationary chargers should be separated from the association of the generator set, and external chargers should only be used for charging purposes.
There must be an appropriate electricity source for the charging purpose. Moreover, plug in the below-mentioned connection.
- Central line: Line 1
- Battleline: Line 6
- Earth wire: Green/Yellow line
Battery terminals must be attached according to the below instructions.
The negative (-) electrode terminal should be connected to the black line, and connect the positive (+) electrode terminal to the redline.
Generator Battery Charging Steps:
Once the battery charger is attached to both electricity and battery, you must follow the below-mentioned steps.
- In the charging process, the exhaust hole cover or the electrolyte filter capacitor is unplugged.
- Examine the level of electrolyte water and use distilled water to adjust the level when required.
- You will notice the normal charge rate when you activate the switch mode chargers, which generally depends on the battery’s power. The current charging level and the old or new condition of the battery also matters.
- When the charging starts, the current voltage increases, which results in decreasing the charging current. Moreover, the hydrometer is utilized to estimate the particular gravity of each battery solution.
- Keep in mind not to overcharge the battery because it will eventually harm the battery. Temperature also affects, so carefully use the battery charger in a hot environment because the ambient temperature might damage the battery.
Note: you should wear a face mask, protective goggles, and an acid-proof apron while fixing or maintaining the battery of the diesel generator set. If electrolyte spreads on the cloth or skin, then immediately use water to wash it off.
After Charging Tips:
There are a few terms that you must consider after battery charging to ensure a safe process.
- You should examine the electrolyte water level when the charging time is about to complete.
- The exhaust plug will return to its unique position by adding the appropriate proportion of sulfite electrolyte.
Is your generator battery running out of charge? This article brings an easy solution on how to charge a generator battery to keep it functioning perfectly with an optimal power supply. You should move through our ultimate guide to get the right way of generator’s battery charging.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Long Does It Take To Recharge The Battery?
The battery capacity gets harmed if the charging time is restricted. So, after an hour of injection with the available current, you should recharge the battery for 4 hours. In this way, the battery is allowed to be thoroughly mixed. The battery model E312 has a charging current of 14A, and the charging current of E324 is 20A.
How Does A Generator Battery Charge?
There is a built-in 12V output voltage in generators, but it would be a waste of time if you attempt to utilize this for charging purposes. If you trickle charge way too often, then your batteries might get damaged. A charging current of 8 amps is available in 12V output. Though the battery voltage can fluctuate and isn’t suitable to charge the batteries adequately, you can utilize DC power of 12V for emergency purposes.
Is There Any Other Method To Recharge The Battery?
Another operation to charge a generator or car battery is by using smart chargers in almost three stages. You can provide sufficient energy and can charge the battery at a much quicker rate. Not to forget about the limited size of chargers that you can utilize on your batteries.